Saturday, June 1, 2013

Two of my opinions

So I wanted to try my hand at writing reviews for others' works. I'm not claiming to be a professional, but I figure since I'm reading them I might as well let others know what I thought of them. Today I have two.

Dirty Laundry by Heidi Cullinan

I picked this book up when it was discounted and it took me a while before I actually got around to reading it, but oh my gosh! I had to grab the tissue box when I got to Chapter 17. I loved Denver and Adam, two men broken in their own way and feeling they don't deserve love, but they do. They do so much it makes you want to reach into the pages and give them big hugs. The portrayal of Adam's OCD was very authentic and somewhat heartbreaking to witness. The side characters were also amazing and wonderful compliments to the MCs. I highly recommend this story. (My muse gives it a 5/5 rating)

And...

Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino

I was looking for something fun and quick, and this one seemed just right. The title did have me scratching my head wondering if I'd really like it, but after looking at other reviews, I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. It was funny at just the right parts, cute where you wouldn't think to find it, and heart-wrenching at just the right moment. The only part I didn't like, and this is all me because I hated when my buddies in college did it, was when they agreed to move in together when they barely knew each other. But I really liked the story and recommend it to anyone who's looking for something funny with a lot of sex. And if you read Frat Boy and Toppy then I recommend you read the free epilogue on Anne's web site. Do not read it if you are drinking something.

I hope you'll check these two out and, if you read them, let me know what you think.

-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment